Monday, October 23, 2006

Farewell DPW, Hello ACWM


It can now be revealed that Kori was recently serving on a jury in a criminal case. The deliberations laster longer than expected, and the vote ended up being "not guilty".

She's also been keeping busy around the condo and running errands.

She drove up last Thursday to be at the Happy Hour held in honor of my promotion.

And, as of about 5:30pm today, I am no longer a DPW employee. Tomorrow, I begin my new position with Agriculture Commissioner/Weights & Measures.

Closing down at DPW was quite an operation for me. Six and a half years of accumulated work and memories had to be either filed, transferred, recycled, or boxed to take home.

Change is never easy for me. But some change is necessary.

There were some very touching well-wishes from my co-workers. I'm going to miss all of them.

-Ken

No comments: