Sunday, August 05, 2007

Keelie's First Disneyland Trip Since Birth!


Okay, so that piciture is blurry, but it is the best I can do. I will tell you why I took it at the end of this post.

My Disneyland trip frequency has plummeted to lows I haven't experienced since 1985, when my family first started getting annual passes. We've been a little busy, what with the pregnancy and birth and recovery and dealing with our first baby.

Well, today we made a short visit to the Happiest Place on Earth!

Here's Kori and Keelie riding the tram on the way from the Mickey & Friends parking structure to the Entrance Plaza. It's Keelie's first Disneyland ride since emerging from the womb!


Can't you just see Keelie's excitement about her first Disneyland picture? No? Hmm, well, I guess not, given how she's in the snuggly.

As you can see, the view didn't change much for Keelie. It's a good view, though.

We dropped into the park briefly to see the Disney Gallery before it closes, and get some pictures and video. Yeah, the Disney Gallery is closing. Bummer. I'm writing a lot more about it because I have lots of memories from the gallery, and so my thoughts and some pictures will be up as my next KenversationsTM column on LaughingPlace.com soon.

I've come up with a new theory about Keelie and her being fussy. She's most fussy when she's with Kori and I in familiar surroundings, like home. She's a lot less fussy with new people and new places. My theory is that she's a supergenius and finds the same faces and places unstimulating, and thus upsettingly boring to her. She wants to absorb new faces and places. Because she is a supermegaultragenius. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

She was quiet in the snuggly for the entire short visit.

Now, for your viewing pleasure, here are three pictures of Keelie from when we got home and she was still in her car seat.



I may be a little biased, but I think she's adorable.

NEWS FLASH - I was just about to post this entry when Kori called me into the bedroom because Keelie has found her thumb! After weeks of trying to stick her fists in her mouth and getting frustrated when they wouldn't stay here, Keelie stuck her thumb in her mouth and started sucking. That's what the picture at the top of this post is - Keelie sucking her thumb.

I was a die-hard thumb sucker as a child. I think I stopped in 11th grade. Seriously - I know I stopped before sixth grade, but it may not have been too much earlier.

-Ken

1 comment:

Jennifer Disney said...

Oh my goodness! That is one cute baby you've got there! I can't wait to see her! I can't believe she's already over 6 weeks old. Hope to see you all soon.