Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Kori's mother and my mother are both unavailable today, so phone calls will have to suffice for the time being.

Yesterday, we spent the day at the beach (Newport Beach) with a few expectant mothers. One of the expectant fathers, James, was celebrating the big 3-0. Ah, I remember those days. I can barely see them in my rear view mirror.



Anyway, it was nice day at the beach with food and sun. I was able to catch up with the birthday boy's older brother, with whom I'd worked for many years at Disneyland Park. He left in 1998 and went up to northern California for a "real" job, and we've stayed in contact via e-mail. I never made the connection between James (from church) and Adam until Adam noticed Kori and I on the evite. It really is a small world.

Friday, after the yummy green corn tamales, Kori and I tore out some of the weeds and vines that seem to be growing wo well in our backyard.

Now, we're just waiting for the washer/dryer repair man to come back for a second visit. ***[edit] Oh wait, I mean the Adelphia guy. Yeah, he's making a repeat visit, too, because some of the channels are not coming through at all, and some others are choppy. And to think they offer us Internet service, too. No thanks. the washer/dryer guy will be here a different day.

-Ken

No comments: